Today I we say no to self harm because…
We made a promise
We’re worth more than that.
We want to keep fighting the good fight for our loved ones.
We have other better coping strategies which we can use nowadays.
We are lovable, so we’re told, even if we find that hard to accept.
We are strong now and dont want our abusers to win.
We dont want our body scarred because people will stare at us.
Today, we say no to self harm.
The Butterfly Project:
The Rules are:
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it. If you dont cut, it lives.
5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
they are long
they are thin
they are red and purple
they sink in
they are ugly
but each one came from pain
they tell a story
of where i’ve been
they cover my stomach, arms, and just… everywhere
they are mine
they are not anyone else’s for the taking